Picnic Pairings - Creamy Lime Bars
There's something about warm weather and picnics that just go together. Add the colorful sights, scents, and tastes of a spring picnic that contribute to its popularity as a favorite outdoor activity in parts of North America. Picnics are even more fun when you have the right company, menu items and Zentopia! That's why we are introducing...
Picnic Pairings brought to you by Zentopia! Each week we will be giving you and idea of what to pack in your picnic and what Zentopia to bring with you when you do!
Starting off with a tangy, delicious, sweet treat. Creamy Lime Bars. These refreshingly zesty bars pair perfectly with a lime Zentopia!
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper with slight overhang on each side.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients and combine until the graham crackers are completely coated. Pour into your 8x8 pan. Firmly pack down onto the bottom of your pan.
- Bake your crust for 10 minutes. Once you take it out of the oven, allow it to cool for around 5 - 10 minutes. While your crust is baking and cooling, start on your filling.
- Whisk all filling ingredients until smooth and incorporated. Transfer to your pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the filling starts to set without browning
- Let cool for 10 minutes before chilling 4-6 hours in the fridge. Top with shredded coconut and extra lime zest.